Intermediate Designer / Draftsperson / Production Team Support
RAD designs and manufactures indoor and outdoor furniture that is simple, fun, and built to last in Los Angeles, CA. We work with the A&D community, furniture dealerships, and directly with end users to supply furniture across sectors, including workplace, hospitality, multi-family, and higher education.
The position will include digital modeling of new designs and prototypes, building drawings for the manufacturing department and support/coordination with our production and outsourcing departments. Work with our production and outsourcing departments will include preparing 3D files for vendors, research and development for new methods of fabrication in-house, and aiding in material ordering or production and custom projects.
Although this role will be rooted in digital modeling, we are looking for a person with an interest in all manner of tactile materials and aiding us in our undertaking to elevate our design and fabrication capabilities.
- Execute design concepts through two dimensional drawings, three dimensional parametric models and prototypes under the direction of Production Team and Design Team
- Responsible for preparation of design documents that meet project requirements and office standards
- Responsible to organize design files and prepare design presentations
- May participate in design presentations
- May coordinate work with consultants
- Format files for laser cutting and CNC work
- Aide in implementation of new digital systems, such as Solidworks
- Proficiency with Rhino
- Knowledge of other modeling software (such as Revit, Sketchup and Solidworks) is a plus
- Proficiency with Rendering suits such as V-Ray
- Knowledge of general building materials preferred
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment in-person at RAD HQ
To apply, email email@example.com